By Gary Burns
- Includes over dozen essays overlaying the spectrum of pop culture reviews from nutrients to folklore and from television to technology
- Features contributions from confirmed and up-and-coming students from more than a few disciplines
- Offers a close historical past of the examine of renowned culture
- Balances new views at the politics of tradition with in-depth research of subject matters on the vanguard of pop culture studies
Read or Download A Companion to Popular Culture (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) PDF
Similar popular culture books
Paul Simon is usually stated to be the most winning singer-songwriters of the pop-rock period. His paintings has flourished within the context of Simon and Garfunkel in addition to in his personal solo profession. beginning with the folk-rock sort that marked his earliest major luck, he has drawn on a large choice of impacts, together with many American traditions and, later, many overseas ones in addition.
Overlaying all areas of Italy―from Turin's Palace of work in northern Italy to the Monreale Cathedral and Cloister in Sicily―and all classes of Italian architecture―from the first-century Colosseum in Rome to the Casa Rustica flats in-built Milan within the 1930s―this quantity examines over 70 of Italy's most vital architectural landmarks.
Commonly said because the preeminent accumulating of baseball students, the once a year Cooperstown Symposium on Baseball and American tradition has made major contributions to baseball study and pedagogy. This selection of 17 new essays is chosen from the nearly a hundred displays of the 2013 and the 2014 symposia, masking themes whose value extends past the ballpark.
Soccer is the preferred activity on this planet. Globalisation and commercialisation of the sport, even though, have created new conflicts and demanding situations. This ebook explores the function of the Asian soccer Confederation (AFC) in the emerging value of soccer in Asia, drawing on 3 key theoretical views: globalisation, neo-institutionalism and governance, in addition to entire information from interviews and archive fabric.
- Football and Community in the Global Context: Studies in Theory and Practice (Sport in the Global Society)
- Creating the Big Game: John W. Heisman and the Invention of American Football: John W.Heisman and the Invention of American Football (Contributions to the Study of Popular Culture)
- Class Acts: Young Men and the Rise of Lifestyle
- Musical Performance and the Changing City: Post-industrial Contexts in Europe and the United States (Routledge Research in Music)
- Speaking for Animals: Animal Autobiographical Writing (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
Extra resources for A Companion to Popular Culture (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies)
A Companion to Popular Culture (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies) by Gary Burns